Skip to main content

Spring News!

My blog posts are anything but frequent!  In fact my entire art-making has taken a back seat to, well, the rest of my life!  The irony of this slip in my online presence is that between my work for the clients of my own company, Chicago Social Media Marketers, and my relatively new position as the Marketing Manager for Northshore Concert Band in Evanston, Illinois, I have been focusing on the promotion of everyone and everything BUT myself and my own art work!

Well, I am here to say that I am back...for now!  I will move forward with the best of intentions to post in a more regular fashion!  But, as any resolution, this goal may not be met and my conviction to consistently post to this blog may be short-lived.  Only time will tell!!

Exciting News!
Two publication announcements!


Surface Design Journal
The Tactile World
Winter 2015-2016

Towards the end of 2015, I was contacted by Miles Conrad, director of the Conrad Wilde Gallery in Tucson, Arizona.  He was writing an article for Surface Design Journal and wanted to include my work. I have shown at this wonderful gallery in 2012 for their Seventh Annual Encaustic Invitational and the following year for their Eighth Annual Encaustic Invitational.  The Surface Design Journal is one of the most prestigious publications on textiles in the world. I was thrilled that Miles wanted to include my work in this, one of my favorite publications!  I sent Miles images of a number of my sculptures and he chose The Power of Place.



While I still have not received a copy of this issue, Milisa Galazzi, another artist included in this article, posted page images online.  I am honored to be included with Milisa and these other amazing artists: Jennie Frederick, Lorrie Fredette, Cari Hernandez, Jane Nodine and Daniella Woolf.









ARTSLANT
Under the Radar
Artist Profile
January 15, 2016 

I was excited to receive an email from Amaru Rodríguez Aguilar of ArtSlant, the premier online art network, informing me that they would be featuring my artist profile in their Under the Radar feature. This feature, which is included in their weekly mailing and appears on their website's homepage, is curated by their senior editors.



Comments