Skip to main content

Transformed Spaces




I was thrilled to have had the opportunity for my first solo exhibition this past December.


My show Transformed Spaces consisted of two sculptural installations; Infinite Possibilities and The Spaces We Inhabit.  It considered the symmetry of the urban landscape and explored the physical and mental boundaries of the public and private spaces we inhabit.  


 Infinite Possibilities is a wall installation consisting of 30 unique wall cubes, each utilizing similar and familiar materials yet each recognizing its own distinctive space.  Spaces We Inhabit is an installation of a dozen, twelve foot high columns of encaustic and fiber sculptures created by altering 2-dimensional paintings.  This transformation acknowledges another kind of space; one of visual repetitiveness and change. 
 

Transformed Spaces was installed in the Art on Armitage Gallery window December 1, 2015 and was up throughout the month.  I was lucky enough to have the assistance of my husband Doug.  He did all of the ladder work, installing the ceiling hooks which held the sculptural columns. 


I had laid out the cubes of the wall installation Infinite Possibilities days earlier in my studio but found that once I was at Art on Armitage,  I ended up playing around with the final layout which involved popping outside a number of times in order to get the over all feeling of the piece. 

 


ART ON ARMITAGE is a window gallery in Chicago that brings art out of the confines of the traditional art gallery and into the realm of the public.

Many thanks to all of you who were able to see my show and thank you to Mary Ellen Croteau at Art on Armitage for this opportunity.  

Comments